Coeliac Disease is something that affects a large number of people all over the world.
It is estimated that there are around 50,000 people in Ireland currently living with coeliac disease. To put that into perspective, that is around 10,000 more than the number of people living in County Longford!
Simply put, coeliac disease is an autoimmune disease that causes some people to react adversely to gluten in food and drink. Gluten is found in everything from bread and pasta to beer and cake, making it something that many of us consume on a daily basis.
After becoming diagnosed with coeliac disease, a well-balanced diet free of any gluten intake is in order. Gluten-free options are becoming increasingly more exciting as awareness increases, so you shouldn’t have to worry about being short of choices!
If someone living with coeliac disease were to consume gluten, their intestine would become damaged as a result. If left undiagnosed, this can lead to further symptoms and complications.
One of the most important steps when it comes to living with coeliac disease is knowing what you can and cannot eat. Becoming aware of what foods are certified as gluten free is always advisable, as is checking the label to be absolutely certain.
On top of the large number of people living with coeliac disease, there are also about 400,000 people in Ireland who are gluten intolerant. Bearing this in mind, it becomes clear just how many people across the country are monitoring their gluten intake!
This would be a good opportunity to reinforce the fact that if you have any concerns regarding your ability to consume gluten, you should always consult your GP. If you would like to learn more about the resources and services available to those living with coeliac disease, please visit the Coeliac Society of Ireland.
Gluten Free Supplements
There is a strong chance that your world has been affected by it in some capacity. Be it via a close friend or from living with it yourself, coeliac disease is something that many of us have become acutely aware of.
This is part of the reason we made sure that we had gluten-free supplements available for people living with coeliac disease:
- Revive Active – Our original comprehensive Super Supplement that helps support the immune system, heart and circulatory system, and energy levels.
- Zest Active – A blend of carefully selected ingredients to help support energy, muscle function, the brain and immune system.
- Joint Complex – A superior blend of premium ingredients to help support cartilage, bones, connective tissue and muscle function.
- Beauty Complex – Designed to help support the skin, hair and nails with a premium blend of ingredients.
- Mastermind – A unique blend of ingredients, working together to help support brain function, cognitive function, mental performance and the nervous system.
- Ubiquinol Coenzyme Q10 – Created to supplement your body’s natural-stores.
Source of information/figures used: Coeliac Society of Ireland
Our range of super supplements is specially formulated to combine the active ingredients that have the greatest impact for each age group at their stage of life. Through tailored nutrition you can meet challenges with confidence whether at school, work or play.