What are the top 5 things that we should be doing for our skin?
- SPF –Not just for the sunny months, it’s an all year-round dedication to protect the skin from UV rays. You are flushing money down the drain buying and using anti-aging products if you don’t use SPF every day, find one that also caters for Blue Light Protection against screen time.
Recommendation: skingredients skin shield spf 50
- Hydration –Again another all year-round task, hydration is essential for all skin types, hyaluronic acid is one ingredient that is a skincare essential and can slot into any skin care routine safely and gently. It’s safe to use in pregnancy & will overall give you healthier radiant and youthful skin.
Recommendation: Ella and Jo 3in1 Hyaluronic Skin Mist & Hydrating Hyaluronic Serum
- Don’t forget your body too –We are so wrapped up all winter that we tend to ignore the skin on our body, which will come back to bite us in spring summer and we will have to work extra hard to buff those dead skin cells, exfoliate and nourish with an oil or oil based moisturiser and keep your skin smooth and shining!
Recommendation: Sanctuary Spa Body Scrub & Nuxe Huile Prodigeuse
- Swap Caffeine for Herbal Tea –I know your daily cuppa is a hug in a mug and I'm not asking you to go cold turkey, every second cup of tea or coffee per day I would recommend changing to a herbal especially if you struggle to drink water throughout the day. Lack of water or too much caffeine will dehydrate the skin, cause fatigue and it will show up in the skin looking dull and grey, dark circles more emphasised as a result of too much caffeine. Add a bit of excitement to your cuppa and change up the flavours every week!
Recommendation: Pukka Tea is one of my faves!
- Take a supplement –Working on your skin is a 360° approach working on it from the inside out. Take a supplement rich in omegas/collagen/Hyaluronic acid and of course beneficial vitamins and minerals.
Recommendation: Revive Active Beauty Complex